Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Vintage Baby Blocks

I saw an idea for making baby blocks but I wanted to make them look vintage for my nursery.  I think they turned out fantastic!  I made the letters to spell out her name!  It's still a secret!



Here's how I did it:


Baby Wooden Blocks How To
  • Sand the wooden block with sandpaper to prepare it for painting.
  • Paint the block with the color you've selected. Allow to dry.
  • Cut 6 pieces of decorative paper to fit each side of your block.
  • Glue the paper to each side of the block using all-purpose Mod Podge. Allow the glue to dry.
  • Sand edges and corners of paper with an emery board.
  • You can paste letters, numbers, and embellishments to the block using the same technique.
  • Sponge the edges of the paper with paint to give it texture and an antique look.
  • Paint another coat of Mod Podge or use Finisher spray paint all over the block to seal. Allow to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment