Thursday, February 6, 2014

And you wonder why I'm so tired...

I never USED to understood couples that slept in different beds.  While I would never do it myself, I totally get why they would do it.

My husband is a “middle of the bed” sleeper.  What this means for me, is when I come back from feeding the baby in the middle of the night, I have about 18 inches to cling to on my side of the bed.  Now that may seem spacious to some people… but I also need you to understand that the dog sleeps on my side of the bed.  I sleepily crawl into bed and either let my feet hang off the bottom of the bed since the dog is my pillow and I have to scrunch down further, or she has wedged herself into my legs in a very uncomfortable position.  But wait, it doesn’t stop there… you see I’m also the official pillow holder.  For some strange reason when my husband no longer is using his pillow, he lays it on top of me in the middle of the night. 

I actually stayed awake for a good 20 minutes last night wondering if someone could patent a bed divider and make money off of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment