Monday, November 17, 2014

DIY Gift Idea and Dessert!

I can't wait to decorate for the holidays... a new Hobby Lobby store opened in our town and I think it's going to become my new best friend!

This weekend I finally finished a project for my husband.  He wanted coaster's for his new office. We picked out some coordinating paper and got some basic white tiles at the Home Depot store for about 29 cents.  Cut the paper in a 4x4 size and stick them on with Modge Podge, give it two good coats and then finish it with a resin coating so its completely heat and water proof, not to mention a beautiful glass finish.  I just LOVE how they turned out.



I also tried out a new recipe that turned out amazing!  White Chocolate Cranberry and Pear Crostata.  So easy and delicious.

Get a pie crust from the store and lay it out.  Sprinkle 1.5 cups of white chocolate chips in the center.  In a bowl mix 2 cups of dried cranberries, 4 pears peeled and sliced, 1/2 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of sugar and a pinch of salt. Pile the mixture in the middle of the pie dough. Fold up the edges and brush with melted butter.  Pop it in a 400 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, until its nice golden brown.  Let it cool and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.




Hope you all have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment