Friday, July 8, 2016

Crazy Weekend

My parents in law celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary this weekend. The day was perfect. I had the pleasure of decorating the park and arranging the dessert table, all of which I made from scratch, including the wedding cake. Second time I've ever frosted a layered cake.... Apparently, I'm a sucker for doing things under pressure!!

I will be posting recipes over the next few weeks of these tested desserts!

Two days later we had our daughter's camping theme birthday. Since we were having high winds in the area we set up a camping scene in the dining room, just in case. Complete with evergreen trees and chinese lanterns covering the ceiling with lights in them.  The hubs and I are going to go hang out in there one of these nights when the kids are in bed!

Now that things are finally slowing down I'm working on some great projects at home. Going to finally complete the kids farm bathroom and work on transforming our old pine furniture to match our bedroom a bit better.






Off to stain something... other then my toddlers feet since she just walked thru my work area! Got to love her...

No comments:

Post a Comment