Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Furniture Makeover!


When we moved into our new house, I hated the furniture we were bringing in.  It was Mexican pine and just didn't go in our new bedroom.  I bought chalkpaint immediately... and then it sat... and sat... for almost an entire year.  Until last week when I had the nerve to FINALLY do something about it.  I began by staining the top of the dresser with General Finishes Java Gel.  THAT's when my husband walked in.  He paused, then said "So do you like it?".  I knew I was in trouble.  This is what he saw.


But I had a vision in my mind.  And it turned out AWESOME!!!!  I used Annie Sloan in Old Ochre and Top Performance and Arm R Seal so it has an almost water proof finish on the top but with a Satin finish.  Picked up some new hardware and it looks like a completely different piece!  Now I'm working on the night stands!





 photo signature_zps8ea2292c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment