Saturday, December 10, 2016

Almond Raspberry Shortbread Cookies!


These cookies MELT in your mouth, they are so yummy.  I make these every year for my husband. So very easy and so good.  What I also love is that my daughter can help in the process.  I used to be a perfectionist with everything I did.  But I will tell you those cookies that my daughter did... they are the priceless perfect ones.



Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 2/3 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour

  • 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1 teaspoon milk

Directions


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

  2. In a medium bowl, cream together butter and white sugar until smooth. Mix in 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Mix in flour until dough comes together. Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Make a small hole in the center of each ball, using your thumb and finger, and fill the hole with preserves.

  3. Bake for 14 to 18 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Let cool 1 minute on the cookie sheet.

  4. In a medium bowl, mix together the confectioners' sugar, 3/4 teaspoon almond extract, and milk until smooth. Drizzle lightly over warm cookies.

 photo signature_zps8ea2292c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment